Friday, August 13, 2010

Saturday at the Hen House

Some of Chad Hagen's felted pins
I am finally going to make it to a meeting with the Georgia Farm Girls. We are supposed to learn about canning and freezing. Just so happens I am in the middle of a tomato explosion, we are getting at least 4 a day and one vine has 15 that will be picked today. I am determined to be more self-sufficient and eat more organic food.


Am still working on the felt for the Peace project though I never got notice of a partner as I should have by now, I think. Oh well, this will just become something else. In making this piece I have realized that I should have laid out some wool on the back too. This piece is really wispy but isn't shawl or scarf size. Maybe it will become a pillow. Will probably do some bead embellishment and maybe add some ribbons.


I have been beading much lately, my eyes are due for a check up. The class I am taking from Chad Hagen will be making felted pins and embellishing them with some beading. It is an all day class so lots of beading. Wonder if I can bring my Ott light? I won't be able to thread the needle if I can't.

There is talk of us getting 2-3 inches of rain this weekend so do the rain dance with me please. We really need it. Well water is keeping my plants alive but they aren't very happy. Hope you all have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Becky Garrison said...

Woo hoo! So glad you are making it to the meeting! And I'm with you on that rain dance - bring it on!!!