Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday Felting

We are finally getting some rain in Georgia and it is wonderful. It is still really humid so when I decided to felt today, I quickly came back inside. Felting soap, that is a great indoor thing to do and I have a show in about a month so I need more soap. Well, I think I have some superwash, in which case it will never felt. I am going to use up the entire soap bar before I get this to work so change in plans.



I decided to can all the tomatoes before they went bad. Then I decided I would rather can salsa so that is what I am doing this evening. Stirring, boiling and waiting for that little pop that seals the lid.



Did take some time off to go to a family reunion where I ate far too much of course but at least I don't have to try cooking around the canning. One thing happened that got me so excited. I don't have any children but married into a family of grown children and lots of cousins having their first babies. Today for the first time, my grand niece came up to me and held up her arms for me to pick her up. Of course everyone said I held her like she was a puppy and might pee on me at any moment but I finally got to hold her. She turns 2 this month and is a cutie.



Hope all of your are having a great weekend and we are all really productive for the rest of it.

Libby

No comments: