Saturday, April 25, 2009

Felting afternoon

Well, my first attemp at dying cotton didn't quite turn out. I soaked in soda ash instead of urea and then a soda ash wash so will try again tomorrow. The cotton did accept some of the dye but I am afraid it will wash out if it gets wet. Learn something everyday.I am going to have to hire an electricion soon. The mice and squirrels that I share the studio with seem to be chewing all the wires and each time I go up there, another socket doesn't work. Wonder if I can find someone who will wire on the outside of the walls and put a cover over the wirings instead of wiring inside the walls where hungry critters will continue to eat? Probably very out of code but with so many people out of work, I am bound to find someone who will do it, maybe.

No comments: