Saturday, May 22, 2010

Losing it


It seems they only blocked my blog at work for one day. Hope I will be back to posting more now. Am still having back issues but have been able to work in the garden. Today Jonathan and I are putting in some corn. Phil said we don't have enough room for corn but I think we shall show him, even if I have to hand pollinate. We have lots of little tomatoes which is exciting, the last 2 years tomatoes haven't done well for me. I think I bought plastic cucumber and squash plants, they look exactly the same as the day I put them in the ground.
I am feeling pretty good today so after a morning of gardening, I am going to lay out a nuno felt wall hanging. Might not get it wet or rolled today but just getting it laid out will feel good. Several of the patterns I ordered have come in so I will be sewing soon.
Went to Jo Anne's and bought fabric on sale last week. OMG when did fabric prices get this high? Thank goodness for 40% off coupons. Even then the price was ridiculous.
Anyway, spring is almost over, summer is on its way. Let's hope it stays balmy instead of hot with plenty of rain for the plants. Hope you all are being creative and I would love to see what you are working on. I think you can post your photos in here but if not, just send Jpegs to me at rachae19@mindspring.com and I will post them here. Great way to share ideas, get and give advice and to get a little ego boost!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Gardening does do something good for the soul. I have some flowers to plant. They always make the space so cheery afterward!
Hope you can keep posting!