Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nuno Class

I am 2 days into a 3 day nuno class and I am loving it. Kathy Colt from Atlanta is teaching it in her home. I hope all of you take a few minutes to visit her site and check out her gallery http://www.kathycolt.com/ Her work is incredible. I am learning so much. No wonder I could never get my nuno to work, I was doing it backwards. Figures I guess since I do so many things backwards. Today I made a piece that was ok but not exciting. I brought it home tonight, over dyed it and let it tumble in the dryer. The texture came out to be wonderful and it is the perfect size for a shrug. I will take pictures when it dries and will put it up for sale on Etsy but will post it here too.

This is really what I needed to get me out of my creative slump. With a show next weekend, it will be wonderful to add a few new pieces that are spring/summer weight. Hope you all are having as much fun this weekend as I am. The other women in the class are so much fun too and we all have really different styles. Well, I don't think I have a style but I am liking my work!

No comments: