Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday and the dogs are wet

Today I decided to go to the studio and dye wool, do a scarf, play around with my new cotton banners. It is cold and rainy. The heat in the trailer studio doesn't work so I have space heaters and can turn on the house fan which warms it up well. Unfortunately, Phil and Jonathan went to a movie and I forgot to tell Phil to turn the water on so that messed up my plans. I decided to bring it all shop and play here. I dyed my banners and just can't seem to get the right undercolor. I am doing shibori on them but they aren't behaving well. I did dye a bunch of prefelt and it took the color beautifully, even exhausted the dye bath. I tried to felt some soap, I have decided that I can only successfully do I soap a day. grrrr I did felt a few balls for jewelry and I plan to restring a lot of necklaces tonight.

My eye is much better today where Jack punched and scraped it. It still waters but the swelling is down. I haven't looked at the color yet.

We went to Chili's for Jonathan's birthday last night. Food was good but I swear next time I am only get their broccoli. It is some of the best I have ever had. I made a huge mess with the chicken tacos. Guess that is all for today.

No comments: