Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Jewelry Making for Auction at Corgi-L


Many of you have seen posts with photos of my beautiful Pembroke Welsh Corgi. I also belong to a group who raises money for corgi's at shelters, at puppy mills and corgi's who need expensive medical attention that owner's can not afford. Each year this group has picnics and auctions to raise money for Corgi-L.

None of these events is close to me so I usually send some money but this year has been so tight, I decided to make jewelry for the auctions. I found an incredible dog artist on Etsy who gave me permission to use 4 corgi images from him and I am shrinking these down to 1.5 x 1.5inches so they will fit into a small glass pendant which I frame with batik fabric. I am putting on chains, charms and other beads. These pendants are turning out to be really nice so I do hope they will raise a lot of money. I am also going to give people and option at a higher price to send me pictures of their own dogs and I will make them custom pendants.

This is going to be an adventure!

No comments: